Thursday, February 7, 2013

Promise Rings: True Commitment or Faux Commitment

I watched a very interesting video, after getting through the humor of the video, it got me thinking about promise rings and what both men and women think about them. Personally, I have very mixed  feelings about promise rings. After some research online, I found out that promise rings or pre-engagement rings, are given as a pledge of commitment in a monogamous relationship. So why do some men give women promise rings 2, 3, 4....years after the onset of a relationship.., at that point I am thinking an engagement ring is more appropriate.

Share your thoughts and stories on promise rings: Have you ever gotten a promise ring? What month or year into the relationship did you receive it? Were you expecting a promise ring or an engagement ring when you received it? or Were you just happy to get a ring :)!

xoxo
Dr.Ife

No comments:

Post a Comment